VCF East Photo Thread

Tony Aiuto tony.aiuto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:43:03 CDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 6:58 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 at 04:14, Tony Aiuto via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Mine here. It includes some bits from my other museums at the facility
> >
> > https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO6j53IKGboKAmsUmAdDoj4ug
> eEGd1igUOgfRMtBpIqaibPJX2USBG0crSDeICWsQ?key=
> aFpMdFNxYlBUZTBjTldJajN6RDlHVmJtblRhUTBn
>
> Thanks for that!
>
> I couldn't read some of the informational cards because they are short
> moving GIFs, rather than static images, but still interesting.

They were not really GIFs, in my fumble fingering without wearing my glasses
I had my phone on movie instead of still too often. So I was taking short
videos
instead of still images. My bad.

> It's weird to see stuff I would consider commonplace -- such as an
> Acorn A3020 -- or that I remember working with early in my career --
> such as an Amstrad PPC -- in a museum display. Inter-continental
> variation, plus I'm old, although I don't feel it.

One thing was abundantly clear, the Europeans had a lot better case
design  in their home consumer machines than the Americans did. We
got a choice of shade of beige and slightly different proportions of the
rectilinear box. That is, until the iMac broke with tradition and allowed
color.