Assessing Plastibands for QIC Tension Band Replacement

jacob at dahl-pind.dk jacob at dahl-pind.dk
Thu Jun 14 15:26:00 CDT 2018

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, AJ Palmgren via cctalk wrote:

> If anyone is interested, I just published a few videos showing my testing
> of PlastiBands for QIC Tape Cartridge replacement.
>
> https://youtu.be/irOrR-ZYwjw
>
> and
>
> https://youtu.be/GVsYHLvCvZY
>
> A special thank you to CuriousMarc, Al Kossow, and Chuck(G) for their help,
> leadership and inspiration in this area!

> And my page dedicated to QIC Tension Bands...
>
> http://qicreader.blogspot.com/p/drive-belts.html
>
> As always, I welcome feedback, and hope this is of value to some here.

Have just been through 25 qic tapes of amiga bbs backups , after 23 years
of being stored in a attic, the majority of tapes was in good order, only
3 had bad tension band.
A single 3M had lost all tension,causing  slipping, and had gotten tangled
up, turned out to the the hardest of the lot to read, after replacing
the band and untangling it.

Your site was really helpful, had my doubt but your videos showed it wasnt
that hard after all to replace and untangle those tapes.

Restored 1.7gb data, mix of diavolo backup and amiback2 from two differnt
amiga bbs .

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:230/38.8