ITS DDT anecdote

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sun Jun 17 19:52:27 CDT 2018

I'm trying desperately to remember an anecdote I remember reading not too long ago about programming ITS using DDT.

I want to say that it was specifically about how Marvin Minsky wrote some core part of ITS by starting an empty program, letting it fail, writing the first instruction, running it, letting it fail, entering the next instruction, running it, letting it fail, and so on. Anyway, it seemed novel to me and I wanted to save a copy of this anecdote in my files -- but now I can't find it, and my search-engine-fu is absolutely failing me.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Or did I dream it?

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  web at loomcom.com