Strange Teledisk question

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jun 23 18:53:56 CDT 2018

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> I'd love to be able to tell you, but I really haven't fooled with the
> thing for something like 17 years.

I had hoped that Chuck would have an answer.

If you have two disks that are nominally the same, and one works and the
other doesn't, then there is obviously something different.

If the sector contents are the same, then the next step would be to
examine the headers, gaps, and addressmarks.

For example,
if the gap after index pulse, before the first sector ofeach track is too
short, then it may not be able to read the sector header of the first
sector.  (A serious and common problem with NEC-style FDC, not usually a
prolem with WD-style FDC)

Do you have a way to examine the raw track encoding?
I used a track read with a WD 179x (slightly modified "Trakcess" on TRS80
Model 3), and "TE" with the Central Point Option Board.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com