Restoring a PC Server 500 P/390 - Progress

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:08:17 CDT 2018

Folks,

Well I seem to be running around in circles. As it takes most of a weekend
to back up the P390 because of various things, I decided there must be a
quicker way. And there is!

1.	Set up SD card in SCSI2SD as a single disk physical rather than
split to match the config on the RAID array. I still have the same number of
partitions but they are all on one LUN.
2.	SD card can now all be seen by windows but as most partitions a HPFS
I can't mount them but I can use MS's DISK2VHD to image the card.
3.	Install OS/2 in a VirtualBox and I can now mount the HPFS partitions
4.	ZIP up drives and FTP to NAS box. Both are on same gigabit LAN so
its fast.

So I can now back up the server in a morning. Just need to script it and
test restore.

Dave.