Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:07:49 CDT 2018

I've confirmed that I now have N connector intrusive taps! These have a N
female connector on each end, like the leftmost transceiver in this picture:

https://oelzant.priv.at/~aoe/images/galleries/hardware/802_3_transceivers/DSC_0927_med.jpg

I seem to recall the CCNA instructor telling us that you weren't really
supposed to screw a 50 ohm terminator onto an intrusive tap; I don't know
if there's good reason for it or if it was just a general practice. In any
case, I've got 40 of the things now, which makes a lot of the existing
transceiver surplus (usually missing the tap) useful again!

Thanks,
Jonathan