Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:26:36 CDT 2018

(re-send due to not reply-all'ing as required)

Sorry, I think that came across wrong due to my wording -- we were told it
wasn't general practice to screw the terminator directly to the intrusive
tap, as you would with a BNC tee on thinnet. We were told to use a jumper
to extend somewhat past the tap, if it was the last thing on the segment.

Ethan sneaked in a reply that mentions a lack of distance between the last
tap's impedance bump and the end of the transmission line. Perhaps someone
with more of a transmission line engineering background can confirm or deny
that.

Thanks,
Jonathan