Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:14:35 CDT 2018

Thinnet is supposed to be grounded at one point, and only one point, as
well. Supposedly that's what the chain on some terminators is for. Some
hubs have a grounding and termination option built in. I don't know offhand
if this was specced in the standard or not. Of course, this often wasn't
followed, or was followed incorrectly and the segment ended up grounded in
multiple spots, which can cause ground loops.

Thanks,
Jonathan