AlphaServers

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Wed Mar 14 11:22:42 CDT 2018

Benjamin Huntsman via cctalk wrote:

> Place your wagers...
>

> How many more years do you think it'll take before decent, practical-sized Alphas, like the DS15, and to some degree, the DS10, will be obtainable at hobbyist-friendly prices?
>

> I have an ES47 I got for a price I could stomach, but it's sans rail kit, drinks power like it's going out of style, and can anchor a 40-ft yacht.
>

> Anyone out there do Alphas anymore?

I have a DEC 500/AU Miata and a 500/AU from Compaq as far as I know,
The Comapq ran at 600Mhz 24/7 in a company I was employed with FreeBSD,
the DEC is untouched since I got it and has cache memory (3rd. level)
in difference to the compaq which has no cache module.
Besides of that I have a VAX4000/300 running VMS7.3, an VS4000/90
with VMS 7.3 and NetBSD and a VS3100/M76 with Open- and NetBSD as far as
I remember.
Most of the time they all switched off, because of enery bills...

Regards,

Holm
info at tsht.de Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741