AlphaServers

John Blake john.h.blake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:49:04 CDT 2018

I've got two, the first being an 3000/400 64mb with two 146 gb SCSI-320
drives running on converters, one with openBSD 6 and the other with
openvms 8.4 running headless.  I doubt I'll ever be able to find the
monitor, much less the needed cables and keyboard/mouse to turn it into
the desktop it was supposed to be, so I've got a color turbochannel
framebuffer if anyone has any use for it.  The second is an alphaserver
ds10l with the 617mhz EV67 processor, 1.5 gb ram and a radeon video card
on the sole pci port, which runs openvms 8.4 on one hard drive and the
most recent available version of unsupported debian linux on the other
(I think it's sid?) as a workstation.

Nekochan.net is a fair resource for hobbyist knowledge, possibly the
only place online where people are still futzing about with Tru64.
comp.os.vms on usenet (or the info-vax email gateway) is where all of
the latest news and deep tech discussion goes on.  vcfed.org has a very
healthy DEC forum too.