RL02 Question

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 09:07:50 CDT 2018

Sorry to keep bothering you all with RL02 questions. I think I am nearly
there.

It seems my head cleaning in a warm bath of isopropyl alcohol was a
success. I bought a tested RL02 pack and loaded it - no bad sounds, I
can extend the heads all the way. So that's good. I have supposedly a
working RL02K pack, and seemingly good heads.

After I load a pack however, it goes into fault mode. Checking through
the test points on my scope, there is no survo burst data until I push
the heads 3-5mm further forward. So it seems to me that the heads are
not loading far enough into the pack.

I loosened the head alignment screws to move the heads all the way
forward, tightened them back up, and tried loading the pack again. It
stopped again, 3-5mm short of track 0. So moving the heads forward
didn't seem to make any difference.

I have tried a different control board, and read/write amplifier board,
with no success.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some sensor which I am not
seeing?

Thanks,
Aaron.

--
Aaron Jackson
PhD Student, Computer Vision Laboratory, Uni of Nottingham