PATA hard disks, anyone?

Guy N. decguy at songdog.eskimo.com
Mon Mar 26 23:05:34 CDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 11:18 -0700, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> I'm surprised that your sysadmin is allowing this to happen.  Many large
> outfits have a policy of sending any hard disk, regardless of content to
> the industrial shredders.

The advantages of working for a small company... the sysadmin is a
long-time employee who's just moved into that role, he and I are good
buddies.  And there's not anything worth $$$ data recovery on them
anyway.

I hate seeing perfectly good working equipment reduced to low-value
scrap, so I'm wiping these drives at home on my own time to prevent
that.