Photorealistic frontpanels for DEC PDP simulations under SimH

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Wed Mar 28 06:06:06 CDT 2018

Guys,

there are updates to the photorealistic PDP-8/10/11/15 panel simulations
for SimH, code name "BlinkenBone".

* Added bigger images for 3000 pixel width screens.

* made PDP-11/70 panel behaviour compatible with the real machine
   (after tests performed at the PDP-11/70 "Miss Piggy" at LCM in Seattle,
   thanks to Rich Alderson & Josh Dersch).
   Oscar Vermeulen's upcoming PiDP1170 replica will also benefit.

* Added Mike Hill's BLINKY animation as PDP-11/70 application.

* Optically enhanced the PDP-10KI10 panel:
   Added rack background of the real KI10 at LCM.

* Merged with SimH code base from march 2018

* Some people want to reanimate a physical panel with "BlinkenBone" too,
or did already.
http://retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone/setting-up-a-blinkenbone-project
   Finally I can supply the hardware, a tested set of BeagleBone Black,
BlinkenCape and BlinkenBoard.
   I can't get the price below 200€, there's this penalty for manual
small batch production (including some self-exploit).

Doc root page: http://www.retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone

Download: https://github.com/j-hoppe/BlinkenBone/releases
As usual, there are precompiled distributions for Win32, Ubuntu x86 &
x64, Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone.
Just unzip and start some of the shell scripts.

Enjoy,

Joerg