DEC 3000 (alpha) faultfinding

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Thu Mar 29 07:27:13 CDT 2018

> I have a functioning Alpha 3000 300, perhaps it can help with some of
> the questions you have.
> Doug

Many thanks for the offer Doug.  However, I can't think of anything I can
ask you to do right now.

On my machine, the mini console memory test reports that all the memory is
bad in pretty much all locations and the errors are different each time I
run the test.  I think it is extremely unlikely that all the memory has gone
bad simultaneously so I think I should investigate other possible causes.  In
light of the cache errors uncovered on my 600, I wonder if bad cache could
be the culprit here too.  Or maybe there is no power to the SIMM slots or
something else silly like that.  I think I need to do some further digging.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.