Intel 3000 series

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:40:17 CDT 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Kyle Owen <kylevowen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume it's one of these? http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/AMD/AM29/

Any tips on how to get it running in SimH or the like? I don't see any text
> file describing the system or format.

Should be in there somewhere. The IMD files are ImageDisk format. The ZIP
files contain the extracted CP/M files.  I ran it some years ago but don't
recall the details.

Some time ago I started working on an AMDASM clone written in Python 3, but
>> it's not yet far enough along to be useful.
>>

> Sweet! I wonder if there is enough in the way of microcoded stuff that a
> microdisassembler wouldn't be handy as well. Does something like that
> already exist?

I haven't heard of a general-purpose microcode disassembler. I wrote a
custom disassembler for the Atari Am2900-based "Math Box" used in
Battlezone, Red Baron, and Tempest, and a few others for even more obscure
machines.