Restoring a PC Server 500 P/390 - now running

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:16:42 CDT 2018

Folks,

Just to say I did end up doing a re-install of OS/2 on a smaller drive, which took most of today, but the P390 software is now installed and I have loaded VM/CMS and IPL'd a simple 3-pack system copied from Hercules. The readme that comes with the P/390 V2.5 software explains how to set up the systems so PCOMMS can talk to it. I still don't have the screen resolution working at 1024 x 768 which the manual says it should. Oh and PMVNC also runs so I can remote control the beast. It was all a bit of a slog, mostly because OS/2 is a bit of a slog. The P/390 was the easy part.

Thanks to all who helped,

Dave