Original CAD code in the wild?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon May 21 06:52:20 CDT 2018

    > From: Randy Dawson

    > For a while I have collected bits of legacy CAD
    > My question is, did any of the source code for these systems
    > .. ever make it out

Well, not quite what you're asking about, I think (it sounds like you're
interested in MechE CAD, not EE, even though SPICE was mentioned), but the
original Stanford SUDS is still available, I think.

    > I know we are primarily a hardware group here, but where is the
    > interest in the software discussed?

Is that a plaint ('how come we don't do software'), or a query ('where is
software discussed')? If the latter, it tends to be system specific, from
what I've seen - e.g. there's 'TUHS' for Unix, "its-hackers" for ITS, etc.

	Noel