Weird Lear-Siegler ADM-3A board

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:30:49 CDT 2018

> On 25 May 2018, at 22:04, Adam Sampson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Adrian Graham via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> writes:
>
>> A friend of mine has said ADM-3A and is baffled by the tiny board it
>> contains, not the usual ‘covering entire base’ discrete logic board
>> they normally have.
>
> Here's a similar one that was on eBay a couple of years ago (the full
> listing has pictures of the insides):
>  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/322312097162
>
> The September 1986 date on the case of yours means that it dates from
> around the time when Lear-Siegler sold their terminal business to
> Zentec -- is it actually badged Lear-Siegler?

Wow, good spot! This one isn’t badged but we just assumed it had fallen off. Just as I’m typing this he’s messaged me to say it’s actually the ADM-3A ‘10th Anniversary edition’. The manual is on bitsavers:

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/learSiegler/ADM_3/DP2880486F_ADM3A_UM_Apr86.pdf <http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/learSiegler/ADM_3/DP2880486F_ADM3A_UM_Apr86.pdf>

I do love a happy ending to a search :) Cheers!

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?