Logic Analyzer software for the HP-IB/RS-232 bus pre-processor HP 10342B

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:06:45 CDT 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:09 PM, Marc Howard via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Was there ever an I2C decoder created for the 16500/16700?
>
> Marc

The older analyzers were never that great for serial protocol
decoding. The solution used with the HP 10342B RS-232 preprocessor
interface was to throw hardware at the problem with a Zilog SIO/1 to
turn the serial bits into parallel bytes, along with a Z80 CPU to
configure the SIO/1.

http://www.bitsavers.org/test_equipment/hp/logic_analyzer_preprocessors/photos/10342B/10432B_T.jpg

The 16700 series software has the B4601B Serial Analysis Tool Set. You
need to install a license to use that, which has been made available.
I have never really tried to do anything with the B4601B Serial
Analysis Tool Set and have no idea if it would be of any help for I2C
analysis.