A very sad PDP-8/S

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:04:36 CST 2018

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 12:31 AM Guy Dunphy via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Incidentally, several people called the material used for the lamps shroud plate 'MDF.'
> It's not, it's that high density cloth+bakelite (or something) material used for electrical switchboard panels. Very tough stuff.

Ah.  From the pictures, it looked like MDF.  I haven't had the plexi
off mine in a long time.  I think some later DEC light blockers were
MDF or perhaps something a bit denser, like but not exactly masonite.
Definitely a fibrous wood product.

-ethan