ROLM 1601 (RuggedNova) 1970 Brochure

erik at baigar.de erik at baigar.de
Mon Nov 5 12:16:41 CST 2018

Hi Bill!

--- Bill Degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I may have more 1601 stuff, if I find I will scan and post

Many thanks for your efforts - these documents look very interesting.
Given the fact, that Rolm was founded in 1969, I really guess that by
the time the brochure was printed, no running hardware existed at all.
Maybe they had first PCBs and an idea how to implement the Nova
architecture using the MIL SPEC chips available. So the 1601 probably
only exists on paper!

> .  I know there is the upcoming Nova event so I

As Will mentioned, this was 10 days ago. It was really a cool
event with lot of interesting people and their reminiscences and
memories from the good old days where very exciting! I had some
slides on the impact of the Nova architecture on military com-
puting, but the 1601 of course was missing in my time-line...

Have a good time and best wishes,

   Erik.