RS6k 7012/320H woes

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:26:34 CST 2018

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:58 AM Patrick Finnegan via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Earlier machines like the 320H would have originally done this off of 8mm
> tape, but I wouldn't recommend trying that since CD-ROMs are way easier.
> 10Mb Ethernet cards, compatible CD-ROM drives, and a copy of the media
> shouldn't be too hard to find.  I'm sure someone here or over on the
> Sunhelp rescue list will be able to help you.  If you're in the US, I know
> a few people here could source you parts.

I had a couple of 7012-320 and 7012-320H a few years ago that I
couldn't give away locally and ended up taking them to a recycler.
While I had them I did get around to doing clean installs of AIX
V3.2.5 from tape. Not 8mm, I used QIC DC6150 tapes. I probably still
have that set of 5 or 6 V3.2.5 installation tapes around, but not the
external tape drive I used at the time.