VAX 9440

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:01:55 CST 2018

Even LCM has had issues. For example, with IBM 43xx boxes. I seem to remember their first box died with memory issues and the second had PSU issues.
Not sure if the PSU is fixed.

In the UK TNMOC have an ICL 2900 and that is somewhat temperamental and uses a disk drive emulator. They have all the ICL fiche....

http://www.tnmoc.org/special-projects/icl-2966

CHM keep the IBM1401 working because they have two and have plenty of spares.

Large systems always needed a lot of TLC to keep them running When in production older systems had an on-site engineer.
Honeywell L66 systems also came with an automated board tester that was used to diagnose chip level faults

I know the DEC systems are more modern and so should be more stable, but don't underestimate the work required.

Dave