New to System/36

Yvan Janssens qsecofr at qseco.fr
Sat Nov 10 13:44:07 CST 2018

You will need the keyboard. Those terminals usually don't come up without
it. Good news tho if the keyboard has been nicked, the protocol is
compatible-ish with PS/2. I have successfully used $generic_ps2_keyboard
with the right plug for it. Make sure to not hit the Windows key (or any
other 'new' keys) - you'll lock up the terminal's firmware.

You will also have to configure the terminal to use address 0 - Twinax
busses have an address range of 0-7 and you need bus 0, address 0 for the
console.

Generally speaking, bringing up the system is similar to bringing up early
AS/400s.

/y