AW: 50Hz Pulley for 8" Floppy Drive Mitshubishi M2894-63B

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Nov 10 14:27:25 CST 2018

On 11/10/18 11:42 AM, dwight via cctalk wrote:
> He needs a larger pulley if going from 60 to 50 ( as a motor pulley ). It needs to be 20% bigger because the motor turns slower on 50 Hz. 6/5 to be exact.
> Dwight

No argument there--but the size increment is pretty small.  Consider
that a typical motor pulley is about 19 mm in diameter, so a 20%
increase would be only about 23 mm.

One could also take Tony's approach and simply cobble up a
crystal-controlled 60Hz source for the motor.  Shouldn't be too
difficult--I suspect that the motor doesn't draw more than about 30W.
If you had an excess of 12VDC, you could possibly use an inexpensive
inverter to do the job.

--Chuck