Got a Rainbow 100 and ...

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 00:51:56 CST 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 6:47 AM Alan Perry via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> What I got was the system unit, a VR201 monitor, a keyboard, a vertical
> deskside stand for the system unit, and a LQP02 daisy wheel printer. I
> also got the MS-DOS and CP/M doc and software slip cover boxes. The CP/M
> disk box is still sealed and the CP/M docs are still in shrink wrap. The
> specific need that the seller bought it for involved MS-DOS, not CP/M.

Does it have any of the optional expansion boards (hard disk controller,
RAM, graphics) in it?

> 1. The VR201 monitor is leaking a brown fluid. Doing a little searching,
> I found some stuff posted here a couple years ago about it being common
> for them to leak PVA compound, so I am presuming what is what I am
> seeing. Right now I am looking for something that describes how to open
> the case up to clean the stuff up. If someone can give me some pointers
> to some docs/write-ups and save me some time, that would be great.

The first thing to do is to fully extend the little 'leg'. Put the
monitor the normal
way up, press the button on the side(near the bottom) and lift it so
the leg slides
out.

Then, monitor screen-down. Prise (pry?) the circular cap off on the
back near the
connectors. Undo the screw thus exposed. The case then slides off.

-tony