Font for DEC indicator panels

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 12 22:25:54 CST 2018

At 09:58 PM 12/11/2018 -0500, you wrote:
>On 2018-11-12 9:51 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
>> [Top posted to avoid trimming information that might be useful to many]
>>
>> IFF DEC used a commercial font, then it should be possible to find it.
>>
>> But, it is extremely likely that they did NOT use a commercial font, and
>> either had their graphics art people draw the characters as needed, or
>> used reference patterns of their own that are NOT incorporated into a
>> computer font.
>
>These panels do appear to be typeset using commercial fonts, and yes in
>theory, we can track those down.
>
>--Toby

Hmm, I posted to the list about this 3 hours ago, and it hasn't appeared yet.
Is there an extra vetting process for posts that include links to web sites?
I included various links to font searching sites, cleaned-up samples of the DEC fonts
from my own scan (online) of a DEC PDP-8/S panel, and specific fonts I found via
search tools - that are very close or identical matches to the DEC panel fonts.

Should I repost, or just wait till it appears?

Guy