Font for DEC indicator panels

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 13 09:21:23 CST 2018

    > From: Toby Thain

    > To get closer I'd need better images of the panels.

Hi, I borrowed a DEC inlay from someone (a KA10 CPU bay) and scanned a chunk
of it (as much as I could fit into my A4 scanner :-) at 200 dpi:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/KACPUPanel.jpg

I have a TC08 inlay, but it's currently being used in my QSIC display (until
we can get the RKV11-F/RPV11-D inlay done :-), and I didn't want to yank it
out. As far as I can tell, it's the same font on the two of them.

    > the closest I know of off the top of my head is Akzidenz Grotesk.

The Akzidenz Grotesk Medium is indeed very, very close (other than the zero).
Do you happen to know if that font available for use in non-commercial
settings?

Thanks!

	Noel