Swap clarification (Was: bill was my first "real" computer comoany customer"

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 13 17:33:26 CST 2018

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018, ED SHARPE wrote:
> YES!  John  Craig!
> Thank  you   for the  brain  refresh!
> how many shows a  year  does  he  do?

I don't think that he has done one in MANY years.
40 years ago, he was doing them twice a year.

Then "Northwest Computer Swap" started holding shows at San Mateo
Fairgrounds.   One time, Shugart showed up with a semi of "administrative
returns"  I bought a lot of my first SA300's, SA455, SA465, SA475

Then quite a few others.  But, asian sellers of new computer stuff at good
discounts began to be present at all of the shows, in increasing numbers.
Eventually, there was very little used stuff anywhere other than the
Foothill College Swap on second Saturday of each month.  (outdoor
parking lot, started before dawn, even in the rain)  I think that it
eventually moved to DeAnza?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com