pdp-11/34 extravaganza

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:18:59 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM Jay West via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> This was claimed by the way......

Somebody has a bunch of nice new toys.

I have multiple PDP-11/34s, and RL01/02 and RX01/02 drives (and not
looking to add more).

The Tektronix terminals, though... very nice.  I only have dumb
terminals and a pair of late-model 4105 (raster) Tektronix terminals.
I got to use a 4010 on a PDP-8/m at the Ohio State University Vet
School in the mid-1980s (with a pair of CPUs and shared RK05 disks
attached to a mass spectrometer - the application was to test horse
urine for performance drugs on the mass spec, then flip the
drives/data over and use the other CPU to do analysis and graphing).
It was fun noodling on a vector storage scope since I was used to
ASR33 and VT52 at the time.

-ethan