WTB: BA11-K Rack Rails

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:38:50 CDT 2018

    > From: systems_glitch

    > I do have the inner rails/latch system for tilting the box, they are
    > plain aluminum.

Like the lower picture:

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/BA11-K_mounting_box

there? I'm guessing that's zinc-plated steel.

Alas, I don't know who made those (may have been DEC themselves), or a source
for them. _But_....

I have some Chassis Trak outers which are almost compatible. (I say 'outers',
but actually many slide sets are 3-part; there's an outer which bolts to the
rack, an inner which bolts to the mounting box. and then a third piece, a
'middle' I guess we can call them. Sometimes the middle and outer can be
separated, with a safety latch you have to release - but I think I recall
seeing one set where you can't extract the middle mrom the outer - at least
not out the front.)

Anyway, the silver inners do fit into the track in the middles of those CT
units - all except the two wheels at the inside end of the inners! Too bad,
because I have no use for these outers, and would be happy to hand them over
to you.

The other possibilithy is that I _might_ have a spare set of the silver
outers. I have 2 sets of the outers (2 left, 2 right), 4 of the special pivot
bolts - but only one set of inners - at least that I can quickly find. Let me
have a look around, and see if I'm really missing the inners - if so. I might
be up for trading you a set of outers for something I can use.

	Noel