Identifying TO-3 w/HP house numbering

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:49:51 CDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:33 AM Josh Dersch via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> And I was wrong -- the flyback's fine (yay!).  Found a nearby 0.015uF, 400V
> film capacitor that was shorted.  Replaced it and now I have video!  It's a
> bit dim, it's too wide, and gets wider as it warms up but it's a start :).

That suggests to me that what we call the 'EHT' over here -- the 12kV-15kV
on the final anode of the CRT -- is low and is sagging under load. Low EHT
will cause a dim picture, it will also cause the electron beam to be
less 'stiff'
(as the electrons are not moving as fast) so the deflection coils have a greater
effect and the picture is larger.

Possibly more capacitor trouble in the flyback area.

-tony