Desktop Metaphor

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Oct 23 10:58:37 CDT 2018

On 10/23/2018 06:13 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> My personal favourite in recent years was Ubuntu's Unity,
> which is a better Mac OS X than Mac OS X (IMHO).
ARRGhhh!  I HATE Unity!  I have switched all my Ubuntu
systems to gnome-classic, which suits me fine.
(You have to hack the theme xml file to make the borders
wide enough to grab and stretch.)
I lasted about 4 hours with Unity.  I am a spatial thinker,
I want all my icons and toolbar icons to STAY PUT, I grab
them by position, not by searing for the picture (icon) I
want to select.

Jon