Desktop Metaphor

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 23 12:49:39 CDT 2018

On Tue, 10/23/18, Paul Berger via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> This is my issue with a lot of Linux distros they seem to try to hard to
> look and work like mac or like windows while I would rather have them
> look and work like the xwindows I knew and loved.  One of my biggest
> aggravations is cut and paste I would very much rather it worked more
> like it used to on X.

Amen Brother!

I mostly use rio (based on the same named windowing
system on Plan 9) for my window manager so at least
I get to avoid the dancing frogs.  But back in the '80s
we were using a much nicer approach to cut-and-paste
on X than the commercial guys ever managed.

Time to take my cane back inside now that I've finished
yelling at the kiddies to get off my lawn.

BLS