Burroughs TD keyboard - was Selling keyboards without the terminal

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:57:51 CDT 2018

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Thain via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: Burroughs TD keyboard - was Selling keyboards without the terminal

> On 2018-10-24 5:28 p.m., Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
>> It's pretty unlikely that I'll ever get my TD700 working so, with all this talk about terminals missing keyboards, does anyone need/want a keyboard for a Burroughs TD700/TD800 type terminal?
>>
>> http://terminals.classiccmp.org/wiki/images/0/0f/Burroughs_TD_700-3.jpg
>>
>> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/burroughs/terminal/TD830.jpg
>>
>> Might have tech docs somewhere; Microswitch guts, parallel interface IIRC.

> Sorry, gotta ask: Why not sell the whole setup? There are people on this
> list who could probably fix it.
>
> --T

I have a spare keyboard; thought I'd mention it in case someone actually has a relevant terminal needing a keyboard, as per the original discussion thread.

As to getting the TD700 working:

It's built around a card cage with (I think) 8 plug-in boards, several of which are missing (and it weighs a ton!)

A while back I chatted with a couple of folks who also had one (not working) and although not totally impossible it really didn't look feasible without those boards; also of course there's no guarantee that the Panaplex panel is still working.

I *may* actually have someone who'll take the whole thing but I thought I'd ask here to see if there's any interest.