Scan of Micro Peripherals Inc MPI 91/92 Product Manual Avail?

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:00:29 CDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Bill Degnan via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So that brings me to the question - Should I buy a nice scanner that
> handles two sided and schematic prints?...I have so many things more I
> could scan if I had something cost effective.  That's the last time I do
> the Kinkos thing.   I prefer to do this kind of work on my own.

I occasionally have to scan B-size (11x17 inch) drawings, and the cheapest
scanner I know of that can do that is the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 all-in-one,
which is also a B-size inkjet printer. It costs about $250 retail, but can
sometimes be found for $200.

The scanner only does a single side, so you have to flip the page over
manuall. There is a sheet feeder for A-size and similar only; for B-size
you have to use it as a flatbed.

If you need a sheet-fed duplex scanner for B-size, expect to spend a pretty
good chunk of change even for a used one.