modern stuff

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:17:12 CDT 2018

Tangent:
  I have a large bin of perhaps a hundred working (last checked circa 2002)
single board computers in the warehouse (Western Pennsylvania) with i960
cpus if anyone's interested.

  They were the Switch Control Processors from FORE Systems ASX200
switches, quite fully functional little computers and all self-sufficient
on one board.  When we ported to x86, the poor i960 ones became unwanted
extremely rapidly; hence the surplus.  Never had the heart to remand them
to the skip.

  There's Serial, Ethernet, 7 segment display array, flash, RAM, clock,
etc. and a VME bus interface.  Guys used to hook them naked to a couple
wires for power source and run them in their office window to scroll
messages.  Would make for a swell massively, if lethargically, parallel
compute project.

  Would enthusiastically trade for pdp11 stuff, or donate to interesting
project even if you have nothing to offer.
thx
jake