Cossor/Raytheon DIDS-400

Camiel Vanderhoeven camiel.vanderhoeven at vmssoftware.com
Sun Oct 28 03:21:47 CDT 2018

I just rescued a Cossor DIDS-400 terminal from ending up at the garbage dump. Cossor was a UK company, that ended up as a Raytheon subsidiary, and the Cossor DIDS-400 was marketed as the Raytheon DIDS-400 in the US.

My terminal is model no 402-2/C15, part no D/GA 800260, serial no 023, option table code 321121.

Date codes on the IC’s are in 1968. Internally, there’s some interesting technology; ITT MIC9xx DTL IC’s, a piano wire delay line for character storage, and a Raytheon Symbolray monoscope tube as the character generator.

I’d love to get this terminal working again, and to that end I’m looking for any kind of service documentation (any other documentation would be welcome too, as I have nothing).

The power supply in this terminal consists of two parts, manufactured by Best Products Ltd, of Felixstowe, Suffolk, models 508-L (low voltage supply), and 508-H (high-voltage supply). Any documentation on these would be most welcome, too.

Kind regards,

Camiel Vanderhoeven