Updates at retroarchive.org...

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Mon Oct 29 15:33:40 CDT 2018

> Even a full list of what CDs Jason has there w/o indexing would be helpful.
> Trying to figure out what is there is a nightmare.
> For a while, I had about 400gb of cd images on bitsavers until we ran out of disk space.
> I probably have a few hundred more gb I've read since then. I've slowly been trying to
> find a full set of physical disks from Walnut Creek for CHM's archive.

I was recently talking to friends about making a Pi project with the Pi
camera above a CD-ROM drawer, and a pushbutton to trigger picture of CD +
ISO image automagically.

I have some AIX CDs, Oracle CDs, and old FreeBSD/Linux CDs to archive.

Years ago I had a robotic CD changer that could cycle through about 200
discs hands off. Seems like it would be ideal now :-)

Are you short on disk space?

  --
: Ethan O'Toole