AlphaWindows - Protocol Information?

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 5 10:59:15 CDT 2018

On Wed, 9/5/18, Martin Hepperle via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> In the 1990s a computer terminal standard "AlphaWindows" was proposed by the
> Display Industry Association (DIA). Sort of X-Windows for the poor.
>
> Does anyone have a manual with escape sequences for one of the terminals
> mentioned? Or other material describing this protocol?

It so happens that I do have a copy of the standard.  I
suppose I'm one of only a few who paid the $99 to DIA
to get a copy.  Back in the early '90s I started writing an
implementation for the Mac, but ended up not getting
very far before other projects pushed it down onto the
stack.  I'll see what I can do about scanning it for you.

BLS