VT100's

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:38:06 CDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> We didn't have a single VT100 in the house when we were running a VAX.
>
> C Itoh, CIT-220s in our case.   Nice terminals with 14" screens.

We had multiple VT100s and VT101s and VT102s but at some point in the
company's growth phase, we switched to  Citoh 101 and 101e terminals
for cost.  We probably ended up 20% DEC and 80% Citoh.

>> I personally seem to use a VT220 for most of my general hacking. It's nice
>> to have the current loop interface!

Somehow we also got 4-5 VT220s.  In 1985, they were fantastic
terminals (except for the width of the LK201 keyboards as mentioned
elsewhere).  I also used the current loop input on the VT220, when I
was debugging the serial clock on my PDP-8/L.  Very handy.

-ethan