VT100 emulation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:33:19 CDT 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 19:35, Ali <cctalk at ibm51xx.net> wrote:

> > > Anything that runs a more up to date version of Android?
> >
> > Sure. The Gemini.
> >
> > https://www.planetcom.co.uk/
> >
> > I have one. It's a lovely little device and quite well-made. I am not
> > sure how robust it will be long-term.
>
> That is a nice device. I wonder if it is available in the US. Do you know if they keep the OS up to date?

Yes, it's available worldwide. I backed the kickstarter in January and
got mine in July. I think they have now caught up with the backlog and
are available at retail. I still have not received my peripherals yet,
though -- nobody has. But the company is doing OK and discussing a 2nd
model.

They plan to update Android but so far there's only been one update.
It's currently on Android 7.1. I'm hoping for 8 with Project Treble.

The retro angle is that it's a licensed successor model to the
late-1990s Psion Series 5 and 5MX. It has the same keyboard, licensed
from Psion. The modern machine is thinner and does not have a
removable battery (sadly).

It also runs Debian Linux and Jolla Sailfish.