Looking for two DEC H445 power bricks for PDP 11/40 project

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:09:21 CDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> (Note that if you have an old
> machine/harness, there's a jumper you have to add if you have only a single
> H745; see the second paragraph on page 6-18 of DEC-11-H40SA-B-D.)

I totally missed that. It wasn't in the previous edition, DEC-11-H40SA-A-D.

However, now I see that both editions mention that the H744 in slot C is
optional, which I also was not previously aware of.

Although I've had a few 11/40 machines, I didn't often have to do anything
about the power supplies other than check the DC voltage and ripple.