Daisywhell typewriter emulating a TTY

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Apr 10 11:56:22 CDT 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
> I  remember  in '79   a  KSR  Diablo  was   the  dream  KSR  printing  terminal  and   cost  like   3  grand? Oh  how  we  used  to  dream of having one of these  back then!
> We  do have  one in the museum's  collection...  although   have not attempted to power up  to use.

My first computer printer was a DTC-300.  Diablo HyType 1 KSR.
Non-detachable stand.
Given to me by a friend who I gave a car to.
I created the manuscript for my Honda book on it.
TRS80 model 1 with "Electric Pencil"
I printed out drafts as 80 columns on 15" paper.  Centered and double
spaced for the editor, flush left for the illustator, who loved having
a big chunk of space alongside to doodle in.  Used to be able to get wide
paper with both edge tear-offs, AND a tear-off to reduce to 8.5x11.

One time, I got FOUR of them at John Craig's Computer Swap America.
Bringing them home in a Honda Civic was "interesting".  Always have a
couple of skeins of rope in the trunk.

Getting rid of them when I closed my office in 2001 was "interesting".
But, a really great guy rescued me, and took truckloads of computer stuff
that nobody else would.   Thank you, Sellam!

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com