Daisywhell typewriter emulating a TTY

mark at markesystems.com mark at markesystems.com
Wed Apr 10 16:11:51 CDT 2019

On 4/10/19 8:16 AM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
> On 04/10/2019 03:38 AM, GerardCJAT via cctalk wrote:
>> I would like to emulate a TTY, using a daisywheel typewriter.
>>
> Well, there are Qume and Diablo.? Diablo was bought by Xerox, so some of
> them carry that label.
> Most of the stand-alone versions had serial (RS-232) ASCII interface.

The Diablo was the first one I thought of.  I had one for some time, and it
was very reliable and produced high quality output.  Also much faster than
the Teletype, and faster also than the TermiNet 300 I had at the same time.
There's currently one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263756218024
~~
Mark Moulding