Plane of core memory

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Wed Apr 17 23:30:02 CDT 2019

Hello all,

I have been wanting to acquire a plane of magnetic core memory as a
piece of computing history.  My partner actually thinks they look very
beautiful and says we should frame it, if we ever find a plane.

At the time I was thinking about memory from the S/360.  But in
retrospect, this is not necessary.  It would, however, be nice to know
what computer a prospective purchase likely came from.  It adds to the
meaning.

One of my online friends just pointed this to me, which I am considering
purchasing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264262833353

There is no indication of what sort of computer it came from.  However I
have been told to check the bus connector.

Does anybody here have any ideas?  For example, what is it?  Or, if you
don't know, could you point me in the right direction so I can do the
research myself?  Thanks!!

Kind regards,

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9