Care and feeding of true barn-find systems

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Apr 19 15:44:23 CDT 2019

On 4/19/19 12:46 PM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:

> Yesterday I rescued a Sun 3/260 that had been sitting in an open barn
> for years. It had been "running when parked" a dozen years ago.  It
> seems to have been covered by a tarp, but otherwise unprotected. All
> things considered, it doesn't look that bad but it is pretty rough.
>
> Any pointers on things that I should and shouldn't do as I start trying
> to bring it back to life?

Disassemble it outside preferable while wearing globes and let the
vermin escape.

No kidding.quite a few years ago, I was chatting with a poor fellow who
was rehabilitating a bit of kit that was stored in his garage loft.

When he opened it, he discovered a nest of brown recluse spiders, one of
which bit him.   Sidelined him for awhile.

--Chuck