Telex 274-61C Establishment Controller

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Apr 21 11:11:53 CDT 2019

On 4/20/19 1:32 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> Picked one up, it is the last generation of 3274-style controllers before they went to 3174-style ca. 1988.
> I'd like to find manuals and the IPL diskette (1.2mb).
> The unit actually had an IPL floppy, but it disintegrated trying to recover it (there is signs of
> rust inside the hardware so the whole thing got wet).
> I took some pics of the boards (each one has a 68000 on it, only one board has eproms)
> and dumped the firmware which is up now under telex on bitsavers.
>
> Curiously, the floppy appears to be in FILES-11 format..

The floppy isn't completely dead even though trk0 on both sides is gone.
Made a clone of the floppy with a SuperCard Pro board and it IMLs far enough that I can get into some diagnostics.
Don't know what to do without docs.
I suspect the configuration goes through the RS-232 port, since all of the configuration string are in ASCII.
Today's project is to go through the later-gen 1174 controller docs to see if there is some hint of how to
configure the thing and try that on the earlier model.