Nat Semi 16032 info discovered

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Apr 29 12:45:59 CDT 2019

On 04/29/2019 12:07 PM, Steven M Jones via cctalk wrote:

> PS - If anybody's got ns32k hardware, I'm interested... ;)

I have a complete, wire-wrapped clone of the Logical
Microcomputer Co. 16032 system, except for memory and the
MFM disk.  So, that's the CPU on Multibus-I, a Taisho disk
controller, and a board with 5 2561 (I think) UARTs for
serial comms.

I ran it for about 18 months, I think, until I had the
incredible fortune to be able to buy a microVAX-II.  The
16032 with Multibus memory and MMU turned on was just
glacially slow.
It took several minutes for emacs to load, I'm not
exaggerating. Maybe I didn't have enough memory on it, and
of course an MFM disk is kind of slow, too.

Jon