MULTIPROCESSING FOR THE IMPOVERISHED Part 1: a 6809 Uniprocessor

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Tue Aug 6 14:47:59 CDT 2019

On 8/6/2019 6:38 AM, Norman Jaffe via cctalk wrote:
> I built a dual-6809 in the late '70s - it was a brand-new, exciting part - and we used the E part for exactly that reason. The system used memory that had an access time that was better than the 4x clock, so that each processor could run at full speed.

It was too bad the 6809 did not have a pin to indicate Instruction or
Data memory bank in use. That would of given a real unix system in the
8 bit world, as by then (late 70s) 64kb was proving just to small for
any real use.
The 68000 was the only real 16/32 bit cpu out at time, but nobody could
afford it.
Ben.